Review Your Investments With Our Expert Help
Living a long life could be in your future. Planning for it now is a necessity. We believe that most reasonable people understand they could live a long life and they realize that it’s possible they could become frail and need care as they age. They also understand that needing care could have serious consequences to their family and their retirement portfolio.
Have you considered the consequences to those you love if you ever did live a long life and needed care? Not that it will happen to you, but here’s what causes the need for extended care.
- It’s a physical impairment which is defined as a chronic medical condition that can be managed by medication or therapy but can’t be cured either. By definition, these illnesses compromise your ability to get through the most basic daily functions.
- It could be a cognitive impairment which is measurable decline in your intellect making it difficult if not impossible for you to safely interact with your environment.
- Both conditions require custodial, not medical care.
- By definition, extended care is a safety issue which means that providing care or supervising movement quickly becomes all consuming.
This 24-hour responsibility has a direct impact on the caregiver’s emotional and physical well-being. Put simply, if you ever need care over a period of years, this could significantly alter the life of a loved one. We are here to help you with a plan for life’s unexpected turns.
Create a Financial Plan
Unique to Your Situation
Call us for a free quote.
The plan has two objectives. The first is to allow you to remain in the community without risking the emotional and physical well-being of those who will provide your care. The second is to preserve your retirement plan so it can execute for the purposes you intended which generally include:
- Supporting your financial obligations
- Minimizing taxes
- Insuring the financial viability of your surviving spouse.
The experts at Clark Financial Partners specialize in extended care planning. Contact us today!